Easy Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Enjoy a thick slice with a cup of coffee or tea! This delicious super moist banana bread has been created with our gluten-free and vegan friends in mind. Everyone loves this tasty banana bread recipe because its so easy to make and gone in seconds. You can even try them as muffins for a morning treat, or as a delicious after-yoga snack.
- Loaf Pan
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour or spelt flour or all purpose flour if you aren't gluten free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7/8 cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or melter vegan butter spread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 100 grams vegan chocolate
- 20 ml coconut oil
- 10 grams desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or vegan butter spread.
- Place coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds until coconut oil is melted. Alternatively, you can heat up the oil on the stove.
- Place the bananas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add the coconut oil in and stir.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, water and vinegar. Mix.
- Add the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, walnuts and salt to the mixture. Mix.
- Spoon into the loaf pan and bake at 180 degrees C for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, use a serrated knife to slice.
- While banana bread cools, heat the coconut oil and vegan chocolate until melted.
- Once cooled, glaze the top of the bread with the mixture.
- Toast desiccated coconut and sprinkle on top.