- Is it safe to do yoga if I have an injury or medical condition?
In most cases, the answer to that question is yes. In fact, yoga is an excellent way to support the body in its healing process. However, you will want to inform your doctor or health care provider before you begin your practice and be sure to let your teacher know what is going on so they can address your specific needs.
- I just found out I am pregnant, should I do yoga?
- Yoga is a great way to support your body and the newly forming body of your child. There are some precautions, however, so you will want to let your doctor and your teacher know that you are pregnant. (especially if you are in your first trimester).
- What do I need to do to prepare for a class?
- Please wear comfortable attire. Layers are best, as your body temperature changes throughout your practice. Be prepared to work in bare feet.
- Please refrain from wearing any colognes or perfumes.
- We provide mats, but we encourage you to purchase your own. Your mat is an important tool and a symbol of commitment to your practice.
- Avoid practising with a full stomach, and drink plenty of water before class to remain hydrated through your practice.
- Yoga is a process. Be consistent in your practice. Be patient and compassionate with yourself.
Meals and dietary requirements
All meals are vegetarian, although dairy products and eggs are included. (N.B. No meat, fish or chicken.) Special Dietary requirements can definitely be catered for (eg Vegan, Lacto or gluten free etc…) but please let us know before arrival so we can make arrangements.
- Accommodation is of a ‘motel style’ all with ensuite, ceiling fan, heaters etc… to all rooms, and is available as a Single or a Twin Share. To share accommodation it is not necessary to book with a friend – we will arrange.
- What does the prices include
- Tariff includes all meals, accommodation and all group activities, lectures and the use of the Health retreat facilities. But does not include the optional extras.
- We love children. However, as frequently other guests will come to get away from children we do not encourage very young children. However, we realise that many children have a genuine interest in Yoga and we love to do all that we can to help. So each situation is unique. Please do not hesitate to call for further details.
- Cancellations and refunds
- There are no refunds for cancellations or early departures. A credit is transferable to an alternative date within 12 months. Any credits existing beyond this period may be cancelled. If cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival date a $50 fee will apply to rebook.
- How to book
- Having already confirmed availability of your booking by phone or form. You may use the form or call to make a booking and pay a deposit.
Tentative bookings will only be held for a maximum of five working days pending receipt of a deposit. All bookings are on a first come first served basis. We recommend early bookings during school holidays and long weekends, in order to avoid unnecessary waiting lists or possible disappointment.
- What to Expect
- On your arrival you will be welcomed by friendly staff into Swami’s ‘own home’. Not just a health retreat. Swami personally supervisors over your stay. From cooking for you through to meditation and Yoga classes. Activities are many and are varied and are totally inclusive, should you wish to participate. Should you wish to pamper yourself, you may also select from a range of ‘Optional Extras’, such as massage, facial, reflexology etc…
- What to bring
- Casual attire is the order of the day. Comfortable clothes such as tracksuits and the like are suitable for all year around wear and are also suitable for exercising in. Personal toiletries, including soap are the responsibility of guests. Swimwear and an extra towel for use in the ‘wet areas’ is also essential. Comfortable shoes (but preferably old) for bushwalking. A hat & sunscreen and other sun protection is essential. Naturally we request that you leave all food and drugs* at home. (except prescription).
*includes cigarettes and alcohol.
- How to get here
- Come by your own transport or take an Uber/Taxi from the new Rouse Hill Metro Railway station(subject to availability). For guests travelling from interstate or overseas there is a convenient local shuttle bus company, which will pick you up from the airport and take you to our front door. (Hillz Shuttlz Ph: 1300 650 336)
- Where are we
- We are set in 60 bushland acres in the beautiful Hills district, a mere 35 kilometres North West of Sydney. The area is generally known for its market gardens, orchards, herb gardens and plant nurseries.