It’s about Transforming Yourself, … Then the World!
The spirit of Seva ~ What makes Swami’s special!
For 50 years Swami’s has bought peace, harmony and insight to many through the transformative powers of a consistent Yoga practice. However, Yoga does not and end when you leave your yoga mat, it is just the beginning. Seva Yoga is an act of selfless service, a way to give your time and energy to the greater good and create a better world for all – to live in the true spirit of yoga.
Our goal is to create change in the world by making small changes to ourselves and those that stay at the retreat. We are looking for community-minded hardworking people who are respectful and helpful, to join a crew of enthusiastic people from Australia and around the world to help make this happen.
‘We are not just volunteers but karmic yogis.’
- Daily Yoga & meditation classes and workshops on personal development and philosophy
- Delicious healthy vegetarian/vegan meals.
- Using our gym, pool, and steam room.
- Going for bushwalks on our 60 beautiful acres.
- Engage in community life and take part in community activities.
- Comfortable accommodation and WIFI.
- Learn new skills and apply them with hands on experience
- Meet – and find inspiration in – like minded people
The tasks are generally the maintenance and running of the Yoga centre. The work depends on what skills you have or what you’d like to do or learn how to do.
We are looking for people with the following skills – and most importantly: experience.
- Cooking (we are a vegetarian/vegan yoga retreat)
- Yoga & meditation teacher (we currently offer traditional Hatha, vinyasa and yin – but are open to any style)
- Housekeeping & cleaning
- Office (emails, bookings, phone calls)
- Marketing (social media posts and engagement, graphic design, photography, copy, strategies, etc.)
- Permaculture and gardening
- Elderly care
We’re happy to train you and happily provide references upon request (which can be helpful for future positions).
Generally, we work for five hours a day, with five days on and one day off.
We like for people to stay for a minimum of 3 weeks to become part of our community. Be warned that often people stay much longer than they initially plan. 🙂
Living at Swami’s
We offer comfortable shared ensuite accommodation and some single and couples options. As well as beautiful bell tents.
WIFI and mobile/cell service are available.
Please note that we have limited availability, so the more notice you give us, the more likely we can accommodate you.
Food and special dietary requirements
We supply delicious healthy vegetarian food, mostly vegan. We love cooking and eat very well. If you have any dietary requirements please let us know.
We don’t eat meat, drink or smoke and ask all of our guests and karmic yogis not to do so on the property.
For detailed information, please check our Swami Army Volunteer Handbook.
We are a very diverse and open-minded community and love to learn from other cultures. We encourage volunteers to come with an open mind and a willingness to learn and contribute to our community.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.