The spirit of Seva Yoga: What makes Swami’s special!
For 50 years Swami’s has bought peace, harmony and insight to many through the transformative powers of a consistent Yoga practice. However, Yoga does not end when you leave your yoga mat; it is just the beginning.
Seva Yoga is an act of selfless service, a way to give your time and energy to the greater good and create a better world for all – to live in the true spirit of yoga. Our goal is to create change in the world by making small changes to ourselves and those that stay at the retreat.
We are looking for community-minded, hardworking, respectful, and helpful people to join a crew of enthusiastic volunteers from Australia and around the world to help make this happen. We are not just volunteers – we’re karmic yogis.
- Daily Yoga, meditation classes, and workshops on personal development and philosophy
- Delicious healthy vegetarian/vegan meals
- Use of our gym, pool, and steam room
- Bush walks on our 60 beautiful acres
- Engaging in community life and take part in community activities
- Comfortable accommodation and WIFI
- Learning new skills and applying them with hands-on experience
- Meet – and find inspiration in – like-minded people
Daily tasks generally cover the maintenance and running of the Yoga Retreat. Your daily work depends on what skills you have or what you’d like to do (or learn how to do).
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Cooking (we are a vegetarian/vegan yoga retreat)
- Yoga & meditation teachers (we currently offer traditional Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin, but are open to any style)
- Housekeeping & cleaning
- Office (emails, bookings, phone calls, guest relations)
- Marketing (social media posts and engagement, graphic design, photography, copy, strategies, etc.)
- Permaculture and gardening
We’re happy to train you and happily provide references upon request (which can be helpful for future positions).
Generally, we work for five hours a day, with five days on and one day off.
We like for people to stay for a minimum of 3 weeks to become part of our community – but be warned that often people stay much longer than they initially plan! 🙂
Living at Swami’s:
We offer comfortable shared en-suite accommodation and some single and couples options. We also offer private and secluded bell tents. Please note that we have limited availability, so the more notice you give us, the more likely we are able to accommodate you.
Free wifi and mobile/cell service are available.
We supply delicious healthy vegetarian food, mostly vegan. We love cooking and eat very well. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
We do not eat meat, drink, or smoke, and ask all of our guests and karmic yogis not to do so on the property.
For detailed information, feel free to check out the online version of our Swami Army Volunteer Handbook.
We are a very diverse and open-minded community and love to learn from other cultures. We encourage volunteers to come with an open mind and a willingness to learn and contribute to our community.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.