Turmeric Chai Latte
The Turmeric Chai Latte is a favorite here at Swami’s. It can be made in every season, and it's perfect for any time of day – we especially enjoy it in the morning, or on chilly afternoons!Turmeric milk has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine and offers many benefits to the body and mind. Alongside the chai spice blend, we like to add some black pepper or coconut oil to help improve the absorption of turmeric.
- 3 cups coconut milk (or another plant milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground dried turmeric
Chai Spice Blend
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2-3 cm grated fresh ginger
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice (honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, etc)
- Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat to medium and add all other ingredients.
- Whisk to combine then let infuse for 2 to 3 minutes. Bring the milk down to a low simmer.
- When all the spices are well infused, remove the cinnamon stick and the star anise.
- Turn off the heat and pour the turmeric chai latte into 2 cups. Enjoy!